Watch The Journal on-air Thursdays at 8:00 p.m. or live stream at wbgu.org.
Episodes also available online immediately following first airing.
The Journal - 2418 - Fulton County Economic Development Corporation
We all hear about the big developments when a business decides to locate in Northwest Ohio. But, what happens in the background? Prior to that announcement, a team of people in each area spend countless months and days of hard work to make the deal a reality. Matt Gilroy, executive director, Fulton County Economic Development Corporation shares what goes on behind the scenes.
The Journal - 2417 - Addressing the Teacher Shortage
For several years, schools across the country have struggled with a teacher shortage. How do we address this issue? Joining us to share what their institutions are doing are Dr. Dawn Shinew, dean College of Education and Human Development at Bowling Green State University and Dr. Julie McIntosh, dean College of Education at University of Findlay.
Watch the Most Recent Episodes:
- November 24 - Teacher Shortage
- November 17 - Post Midterm Election Analysis
- November 10 - Ohio Coalition for Equity and Adequacy for School Funding
- November 3 - Midterm Election Updates
- October 27 - Welcome to a New Life
- October 20 - Immigration Issues
- October 6 - Book Bans and Censorship
- September 29 - Mid-Term Election Update
- September 22 - Statehouse Updates
- September 15 - BGSU Wellness Connection
- September 1 - BGSU Water Quality Research
- August 19 - BGSU Center for Regional Development
- August 12 - Visit BG Ohio
- August 5 - Wills & Financial Planning
WBGU-PBS' flagship public affairs show is called The Journal. This show truly has stood the test of time and continues to focus on issues pertinent to Northwest and West Central Ohio. The Journal covers a wide range of important topics such as legislative, education, health and economic issues affecting our region. Steve Kendall, the voice of WBGU-PBS, serves as The Journal’s dedicated host. Steve has more than 30 years of broadcast experience that crosses various mediums including 20 years in the Toledo radio market and ample air-time on WBGU-PBS serving as an anchor of pledge programs and as the voice of many station announcements.