Are you a parent, caregiver or teacher of children who are on their way to kindergarten?
Download the On My Way to K with PBS KIDS Toolkit to help you prepare the children in your life for kindergarten.
The toolkit features the following sections:
- How I Grow – Descriptions and definitions of each developmental area
- Help Me Grow – Simple and affordable strategies to nurture and empower children
- Let’s Explore Together – Innovative television and mobile resources featuring PBS KIDS characters
- PBS KIDS Activities – Fun, offline activities encouraging hands-on exploration & conversation
On My Way to K with PBS KIDS Weekly Activity Calendars
The On My Way to K with PBS KIDS Weekly Calendar features fun enrichment activities that take no more than 15-20 minutes and will help prepare children for kindergarten! Each week includes short videos, interactive games and hands-on exploration.
- Friendship - Featured Selection
- Nursery Rhyme/Literacy
- Oviparous Animals
- America/4th of July
How to Use:
- Review activities for the week and gather the materials listed in the handout.
- Set aside 15-20 minutes of learning time each day.
- Do the daily activity with children use accompanying discussion questions and vocabulary.
- Have FUN!
The On My Way to K with PBS KIDS Activity Calendar aligns to early childhood standards and complements the On My Way to K Toolkit. It also can be used on its own. The calendar provides a whole child approach with the understanding that learning is more than cognitive. It includes opportunities for critical thinking as well as social, emotional, physical, arts, communication and collaborative growth. The toolkit and activity calendars were developed by WUCF in Florida and WOSU in Ohio.