Television Learning Services (TLS) uses the Digital Video Streaming Services (DVSS) to stream video content to authenticated BGSU users.
How do I use the DVSS?
Find a program in the online DVSS catalog using either of the two links below:
* search the holdings at https://dvss.bgsu.edu (be sure to refer to the Search Tips under the search box)
* scan the complete content list at https://dvss.bgsu.edu/browser/browser.php
To access the content, use the link(s) under the keyframe of the video. Some content is available "on-demand" and other content requires scheduling.
If a "Click to Play" link is avaialble under the video keyframe as shown below, the video is available "on-demand".
Click the "Click to Play" link to open the video player window and the video will begin playing.
To return to the video from the classroom:
* copy the video player window link and store it in your course materials OR
* repeat the search in the classroom
If there is only a "Schedule Video" link available under the video keyframe as shown below, the video must be scheduled for viewing.
( Because of copyright restrictions not all media is available "on-demand", but we are capable of playing the existing analog asset (DVD/videotape) to your vieiwing device.)
Click the "Schedule Video" link to open th scheduling window.
* Select your desired viewing location (Building and Room number)
* Provide us with your contact information (Name and Phone Number)
* Confirm your video selection
* Select the desired play date and time you want the video to start.
-------(We are working to reinstate control of analog assets from the classroom, but the function is not currently available).
* Submit the request.
To view the scheduled video:
* Open the DVSS search page (https://dvss.bgsu.edu) and auththenticate if necessary.
* Click on the PC Stream Guide link located on the left navigation bar.
* Approximately 30 seconds prior to the requested start time, the video title and Watch link will populate the table.
* Click the "Watch" link when the requested title appears in the list.