2. In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
You should recognize that if you choose not to voluntarily submit requested information, you may not be eligible for those activities for which personally identifiable information is needed.
3. In the event WBGU wants to collect information for purposes other than those set forth in this policy, WBGU will notify you when we are collecting personally identifiable information about you and how we intend to use it.
5. WBGU maintains a membership/customer database with the email address, name and postal address, telephone number and other personally identifiable information of persons who have provided such information to WBGU by mail, telephone or emailing us with questions about membership, submitting an on-line membership contribution (making an on-line pledge) or sending us an email about our programs or services. By supplying WBGU with an email address, telephone number or postal address you may receive future communications from WBGU via email, telephone or mail. WBGU will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party, in adherence to Ohio's public records laws, without first receiving your permission.
Chatrooms, Bulletin Boards & Community Calendar
2. WBGU KIDS Web sites may contain "links" to other sites, and we select these sites carefully to make sure that, when they are selected, they meet our high standards of decency and integrity. Although we have taken all precautions to ensure that these links meet our standards when they were selected, we cannot guarantee that the sites have not changed since the time they were selected and that they continue to meet our standards. For this and other reasons, all WBGU KIDS links to outside sites contain a "bridge page" to alert users that they are leaving the WBGU KIDS Web site unless they are traveling to the PBS KIDS site.
3. WBGU KIDS protects the identity of our visitors by limiting the collection of personal information, with certain clearly noted exceptions. No child's personally identifiable information is ever posted online or shared with third parties unless a parent or guardian has provided written authorization by use of a verified e-mail address, fax or ordinary mail. Personal information may be collected and used by WBGU and our Affiliate Sites in order to provide our visitors with additional ways of obtaining information (such as e-mail responses from producers or program-related newsletters). Whenever a visitor provides identifiable information, it is always explained how the information will be used; if the visitor does not want this information collected and used by us for disclosed internal purposes, the visitor is given an opportunity to "opt out"."Opting-out" may mean exclusion from certain activities for which the identifiable information is needed. (For example, if a contest participant elects to "opt-out" on permitting us to collect and use their personal information, we cannot contact them if they win without obtaining such information.)
4. Information promoting the sale or availability of program-related or non-program-related goods and services may not be included on WBGU KIDS Web Sites on WBGU. Exceptions to this rule may be made by WBGU in special cases for designed instructional material offered at no or nominal cost.